Our aim is to coordinate specialist competence and the most up-to-date technologies to guarantee a diagnostic and therapeutic excellence path for therapy of nervous system pathologies.
- Medullar lesions: rehabilitation covers all the aspects related to disability that follow medullar damage, from respiratory to neuromotor, vesico-sphincter and psychological sexual ones with the aim of reaching the maximum possible level of autonomy. The facility uses Lokomat, a robotic apparatus that helps neurological recovery of incomplete spinal lesions.
- Ischemic ictus treatment with intra-arterial and intravenous thrombolytic therapy
- Cerebral aneurysm: multimodal treatment (surgical and endovascular)
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformations: treatment with combined endovascular and surgical treatment.
- Giant aneurysms: surgically treated with techniques virtually exclusive to our country (cardiocirculatory arrest, cerebral by-pass)
- Surgery of pharmacoresistant epilepsy: intracerebral electrodes are implanted directly in the area of origin of the crisis, with a robot whose path is guided by a three-dimensional image processed with high precision techniques.
- Multiple sclerosis: reference center for administration of beta interferon and other immunomodulators.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: treatment including palliative care
- Spasticity and neuropathic pain: evaluation on use of pharmacological and rehabilitation therapies (botulinum toxin, intrathecal baclofen, FES - Functional electrical stimulation).
- Complex lesions of the spine: (degenerative and neoplastic) surgical treatment with transthoracic and transabdominal access.
- Surgical treatment of Parkinson’s disease with ventriculography and magnetic resonance and electrode implant under the clavicle.
- Neurogenic dysfunctions of the sacral regions: implant of sacral and pudendal stimulators and use of botulinum toxin via vesicle or sphincter infiltration.
- Sexuality disorders treated in the Fertility disorder center.
- Sleep disturbance center
- Headache and cranio-facial pain center, liquoral hypotension syndrome treated with autologous epidural blood patch
- Spina Bifida center
- Malignant cerebral tumors and surgery of cranial base tumours.
- Craniocervical junction malformations (Chiari malformation, basilar impression…)
Spinal dysraphism (lipomas and myelomeningoceles) hydrocephalus and intracranial cysts, with endoscopic treatment
- Complex craniostenosis even with the rigid osteosynthesis procedure.
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures (ex. targeted approaches at the cranium base): radiosurgery with Gamma-Knife and endoscopic procedures.
- Neuroendoscopy for treatment of hydrocephalus, intracranial cysts and ventricular tumors
- Reconstructive techniques for pediatric malformations (spinal dysraphism, craniostenosis)
- epilepsy surgery
- multiple sclerosis
- rare diseases
- gamma-Knife for tumor pathologies
- NEUROLOGY AND STROKE UNIT
- EPILEPSY AND PARKINSON SURGERY
- REHABILITATION AND NEUROREHABILITATION
- SPINAL UNIT
- COGNITIVE NEUROPSYCOLOGY