Multi Specialist Surgery Department
“Our aim is to develop excellency in emergency surgery by choosing multi-professional cooperation, integrated application of the most advanced techniques used in all surgical fields,
commitment in medical clinical culture and worker training. Our strength is use of mini invasive surgery (with laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and endoscopic methods)
and robotic surgery with the DaVinci robot that allows a greater accuracy thanks to three-dimensional image processing”
- Living donor transplant of the liver (partial hepatectomy) and kidney with robotic technology
- Crohn’s Disease and small intestine pathology: video capsule endoscopy (VCE)
- Anterior eye segment surgery: cataract with surgery that doesn’t only solve problems of the lens but allows correction of missing dioptres,
glaucoma using advanced techniques such as viscocanalostomy, deep sclerectomy and valve drainage implants.
- Retinal alterations: laser therapy, diagnostics with indocyanine green and OCT technology (Optical Coherence Tomography) fluorangiography and angiography,
electrophysiology, pachymetry and corneal topography, campimetry etc.
- Endoscopic surgery of the nose, of the paranasal sinuses and the skull base
- Deafness: cochlear implant
- Cervicofacial tubercolosis: diagnosis and treatment
- Flexible video endoscopy of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract (nose, rhinopharynx, oropharynx, larynx, hypopharynx)
for evaluation of inflammatory, organic tumor and functional pathologies.
- Urology tumors: posterior access robotic laparoscopic surgery
- Benign prostatic disease: endoscopic treatment
- Calculosis: non-invasive approach with extracorporeal lithotripsy, or ESWL and/or with miniaturized devices
that allow to reach the urinary cavity both internal (endoscopic) and percutaneous.
- Andrologic pathologies: (erectile dysfunction, early ejaculation, etc.) noninvasive treatments are preferred
- Genital and urethral malformations: microscopic functional and reconstructive surgery
- Video-assisted surgery of the colon for neoplasms and diverticular disease, of the stomach, of the pancreas, of the adrenal glands, of the esophagogastric junction,
of the spleen, of the cholecysts and biliary ducts, of the abdominal wall (recurrent and bilateral inguinal hernia, or associated with another pathology, laparocele), of kidney tumors
- Bariatric surgery (gastric bypass, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy) the mini invasive technique is used in a multidisciplinary approach to pathologic obesity
- Surgery without scars, using the NOTES and Single Port approach.
- Minor surgical pathologies, hernia and proctological in day surgery regimen.
- Pancreatic pathology and extrahepatic biliary tract obstruction: echoendoscopic treatment
- Liver transplant center
- AIMS (Advanced International Mini-Invasive Surgery) Academy a multidisciplinary facility for research and training in advanced mini invasive surgery.
- ANESTHESIA AND INTENSIVE CARE Y
- PAIN THERAPY
- GENERAL ONCOLOGY AND MINI-INVASIVE SURGERY
- GENERAL AND EMERGENCY SURGERY
- DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY